The Health Trust awards one-time grants to support events and projects. Community grants range from $250 to $5,000 for activities such as health fairs or community convenings that directly support The Health Trust’s strategies.
The Health Trust’s Grantmaking application process is now on-line. If you are a new applicant or previous grantee, you must first create an account in order to submit the appropriate application forms. Please click here to create an account. Once you’ve created an account, please click here to complete the Community Grant Application.
- Applicants must submit a community grant application form to The Health Trust at least 45 days prior to the event or project start date and can generally expect a response within 30 days.
Community grant requests must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The request must be an event and/or project that will be held within Santa Clara County and/or Northern San Benito County.
- Fundraising events are only eligible if the purpose is to inform or educate the public about a health or wellness issue that aligns with The Health Trust’s strategies and benefits local residents.
Requests will be considered based on the following criteria:
- The degree to which the event or project aligns with one or more of The Health Trust’s strategies.
- The extent to which the event or project addresses an identified need or gap in the community or responds to a unique or timely opportunity.
- The number of participants and the expected benefit to them (if applicable).
- The extent to which the event or project has measurable or demonstrated results. (i.e. 300 health screenings and referrals)
- Whether the applicant has recently received a Community Grant, as there are numerous events to sponsor, we try to rotate grants among different agencies.
We do not fund:
- Nationally-sponsored local events, where a majority of the proceeds will not be used to fund services for local residents
- Events for which the proceeds will be used to support academic or medical research