The vision of The Health Trust is to make Silicon Valley the healthiest region in America for everyone, a place where residents can achieve optimal health throughout their lifetime, no matter their background, income, race, ethnicity or age. We believe that health care does not just take place in a doctor’s office and clinic or hospital. For everyone to achieve optimal health, the community itself must become a place that supports the health of all its residents.
To help achieve this vision, we award $2.6 million each year in grants that support our three initiatives, Healthy Aging, Healthy Eating and Healthy Living. The Health Trust makes Health Partnership Grants and Community Grants and there is a distinct application process for each grant type.
The Health Trust makes grants for projects that advance select strategies under our three initiatives: Healthy Aging, Healthy Eating and Healthy Living. The Health Trust prioritizes projects that foster a system, policy, environmental or practice change, bolster health promotion and disease prevention efforts and follow promising and best practices.
Learn more »
The Health Trust awards one-time grants to support community events and projects. Community Grants range from $250 to $5,000 for activities such as health fairs, sponsored walks, or community convenings that directly support The Health Trust’s Initiatives.
Learn more »
Eligibility Criteria for All Grants
- Applicants must be nonprofit, tax-exempt organizations or public agencies
- Projects must directly benefit residents of Santa Clara County and/or Northern San Benito County
- Projects must align with at least one of The Health Trust’s three Initiatives and support our mission to promote health and wellness and prevent disease
The Health Trust does not typically fund:
- Annual appeals or membership drives
- Capital campaigns or capital construction
- Equipment purchases unless part of an eligible project
- Debt retirement or deficit reduction
- Replacement of government funding
- Grants to individuals